Sunday, 14 February 2021
Robert Browning: Victorian Poet
, (born May 7, 1812, London—died Dec. 12, 1889, Venice), major English poet of the Victorian age, noted for his mastery of dramatic monologue and psychological portraiture. His most noted work was The Ring and the Book (1868–69), the story of a Roman murder trial in 12 books.
Click here to read more about Browning's Life
Lord Alfred Tennyson - the Victorian Poet
, in full , (born August 6, 1809, Somersby, Lincolnshire, England—died October 6, 1892, Aldworth, Surrey), English poet often regarded as the chief representative of the Victorian age in poetry. He was raised to the peerage in 1884. (Source: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Alfred-Lord-Tennyson)
Why is Alfred, Lord Tennyson, important?
What was the childhood of Alfred, Lord Tennyson, like?
Where was Alfred, Lord Tennyson, educated?
In 1827 Alfred, Lord Tennyson, entered Trinity College, Cambridge. There he made lasting friendships and his reputation as a poet increased. In 1831 Tennyson’s father died, and his grandfather discovered his father’s debts. As a result, he left Cambridge without taking a degree.
What did Alfred, Lord Tennyson, write?
Monday, 1 February 2021
Understanding Hard Times: An Analytic Note by F.R Leavis /The Great Tradition
Wednesday, 27 January 2021
Sunday, 24 January 2021
The Importance of Being Earnest - Oscar Wilde
Thinking Activity: Points to Ponder
- Wilde originally subtitled “A Serious Comedy for Trivial People” but changed that to “A Trivial Comedy for Serious People.” What is the difference between the two subtitles?
- Which of the female character is the most attractive to you among Lady Augusta Bracknell, Gwendolen Fairfax, Cecily Cardew and Miss Prism? Give your reasons for she being the most attractive among all.
- The play repeatedly mocks Victorian traditions and social customs, marriage and the pursuit of love in particular. Through which situations and characters is this happening in the play.
- Queer scholars have argued that the play's themes of duplicity and ambivalence are inextricably bound up with Wilde's homosexuality, and that the play exhibits a "flickering presence-absence of… homosexual desire" Do you agree with this observation? Give your arguments to justify your stance.
Radio Play Performance of the Importance of Being Earnest
Saturday, 16 January 2021
The Rover or The Banish'd Cavaliers: A Play by Aphra Behn
Inscription on Aphra Behn's Tombstone:
Video Resources on 'The Rover'
- Carnival Politics, Generous Satire, and Nationalist Spectacle in Behn's The Rover. Adam R Beach. Duke University Press. 2004.
- Aphra Behn's The Rover engages with the social, political and sexual conditions of the 17th century, as well as with theatrical traditions of carnival and misrule. Elaine Hobby introduces Behn's play and explores how it was first performed and received
- Aphra Behn's The Rover: Evaluating Women's Social and Sexual Options
Monday, 4 January 2021
Absalom and Achitophel: John Dryden
A second part of the poem—largely composed by Nahum Tate, playwright and poet laureate of Britain, but containing 200 lines by Dryden that were directed at his literary rivals Thomas Shadwell and Elkanah Settle—was published in 1682. (The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica)
3. Analysis of the Poem: Absalom and Achitophel:
5. Character Study:
6. Allegorical Reference to People and Places:
Places, persons, Parties, positions and Events: Absalom and Achitophel: John Dryden from Dilip Barad
7. Video Resources on Absalom and Achitophel
8. Check your understanding: Appear in Online Test
9. Video Recording of Online Classes
Thursday, 31 December 2020
eFDP on New Trends in Higher Education: NEP 2020 and Pedagogical Transformation
Innovative Practice in Online Remote Teaching: Tools & Techniques
Video Re ording of the Session by Dilip Barad
Rubric based Evaluation of Oral and Written Assignments in Google Classroom
Video Recording of Dilip Barad's Session
Video Recordings of two sessions of Dilip Barad
1. Using Glass-board / Learning Glass for Engaging Learners in Online Remote Teaching - I: Dilip Barad
2. Engaging Learners in Online Remote Teaching: Google Drive - Part II: Dilip Barad
Role of ICT in the Development of Online Courses
Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) organised a Workshop for Planning and Development of Course Material for a Certificate Program in Communication Skills in English for the Western Region: 24 to 28 August 2020.
Networked Teacher: Technology Integration: KCG-eFDP: Commerce and Accountancy
Video Recording of the Session: