A Course on Research and Publication Ethics (RPE) - for Ph.D. Students
University Grants Commission (UGC) in its 543rd meeting held on 9th August 20-19 approved two Credit Course for awareness about publication ethics and publication misconducts entitled "Research and Publication Ethics (RPE)" to be made compulsory for all PhD students for pre-registration coursework. Click here to download the syllabus.
In view of the above, many PhD scholars as well as resource persons may be in need of the recommended books to carry out this coursework. All these resources are in public domain and can be downloaded from below given links:
UGC has prepared a booklet in which all these resources are compiles. Click here to download UGC-Academic Integrity & Research Quality
- Beall, J. (2012). Predatory publishers are corrupting open access. Nature, 489(7415), 179-179. https://doi.org/10.1038/489179a
- Bird, A. (2006). Philosophy of Science. Routledge.
- Chaddah, P. (2018). Ethics in Competitive Research: Do not get Scooped; do not get Plagiarized. ISBN: 978-938748086
- Indian National Science Academy (INSA) (2019). Ethics in Science Education, Research and Governance. ISBN: 978-81-939482-1-7. http://www.insaindia.res.in/pdf/Ethics_Book.pdf
- MacIntyre, Alasdair (1967). A Short History of Ethics. London.
- National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering and Institute of Medicine (2009). On Being a Scientist: A Guide to Responsible Conduct in Research: Third Edition. National Academies Press.
- Resnik, D.B. (2011). What is Ethics in Research & Why is it Important. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, 1-10. Retrieved from https://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/resources/bioethics/whatis/index.cfm
Post a Comment