From Curriculum Vitae to Digital Portfolio
- Though the words like C.V. (Curriculum Vitae), Resume and Bio-Data are used interchangeably as synonymous, yet there is a difference among them.
- Resume is the shortest in form among the three. Then comes C.V. followed by Bio-Date.
- One should be careful about what recruiter is asking for. One should not keep any one form ready and print the same whenever job opportunity knocks the door.
- If CV is asked, do not give Resume or Bio-Data.
- Resume remains much in demand as people do not have time to read so many pages. One should keep a page or two of Resume ready and handy to be produced as and when required.
- If you are curious to know the difference among them, the below given presentation will help you.
- Well, the presentation is prepared a few years back so it talks about Digital Portfolio but do not discuss examples.
- What is DP? DP is Digital Portfolio - is also know as an electronic portfolio (also known as an eportfolio, e-portfolio, digital portfolio, or online portfolio)is a collection of electronic evidence assembled and managed by a user, usually on the Web. Such electronic evidence may include inputted text, electronic files, images, multimedia, blog entries, and hyperlinks. E-portfolios are both demonstrations of the user's abilities and platforms for self-expression, and, if they are online, they can be maintained dynamically over time.An e-portfolio can be seen as a type of learning record that provides actual evidence of achievement. Learning records are closely related to the Learning Plan, an emerging tool that is being used to manage learning by individuals, teams, communities of interest, and organizations. To the extent that a Personal Learning Environment captures and displays a learning record, it also might be understood to be an electronic portfolio. (Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_portfolio)
- Now-a-days, students should have Digital Portfolio of their academic, co-curricular and extra-extracurricular activities.
- If you want to have a look at Digital Portfolios of students, please click here and follow the links.
Click here to visit the blog post > click on the Batch 2013-15 or any other. You will see the names of the students. Click on the names to visit their Digital Portfolio.